Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Pinkie"


Charcoal by Terry Ann Stanley
Original Painting by Thomas Lawrence

Pinkie is a painting in the permanent collection of The Huntington Library in San Marino, California. The painting of Sarah Goodin Barrett Moulton who was born in 1783 in Jamaica was commissioned by Sarah's Grandmother. Pinkie was Sarah's nickname. She died of whooping cough one year after the portrait was completed.

Huntington Gardens is one of my favorite spots to visit and sketch. Every visit I see something new. The spring is beautiful with all it's blooms. Recently I was given a pass to visit the Huntington on the days that the library is closed to the public. I am able to relax and enjoy painting on the grounds without figures passing thru my line of site. I do, however, enjoy the people and watching their faces as they stroll thru the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment